NOT EVERYONE IS YOUR FRIEND.

Image source- Favim.


After schooling, comes the most awaited and essential part of a student’s life, i.e., college life. Remember how we entered school for the first time? Crying and yelling not to go inside but were dragged away from our parents for a few hours. It turned to be a jail for us back then but slowly the friends we made there and the teachers made us feel like home and then home seemed boring. The last day of school and yet again, we were in tears; tears of departure from each other. Yes, even I cried but then I later realised that all the tears which did flow were real but from whom I cried, they weren’t real. The friends I made were double faced (few were exceptions as still date we share an amazing bond). I cursed myself for making such friends but then I thought, “abhi toh college baki hai, for sure I’ll find some good friends and make amazing memories.”
Then the day came, I stepped into my college for the first time and things turned out pretty well. I made some good friends and life was smooth going, enjoyed every bit of college life and then slowly things started changing. Groups started forming.  I started feeling left out because I was left out. The ones I considered being my close and good friends, started walking off and keeping secrets from me. Well, then it broke me down into little pieces, away from family and then now being treated in such a way that made me feel like I’m unwanted. 

Image source- Favim.


It was then I decided to keep myself away from them, detach away and let them be happy. I can find my happiness in other things around. I do have some very special friends and they’ll never leave my side and I’m happy for that. Who would want to be surrounded by fake and double faced so-called-friends? Of course not me anymore; that’s not my cup of tea anymore. I’d rather prefer a single shot of vodka over that cup of tea and be happy with my little and compact group of friends. I do have some amazing friends and super amazing seniors at college and even I can list them but I won’t. I would keep it to myself. 
We learn a lot as we grow up and these were small yet very meaningful lessons for me. At least the ones who consider me close to them don’t approach me only in their needs but stand by my side when I’m in need of some help.


“NOT EVERYONE IS YOUR FRIEND, BUT WHO IS WILL PROVE IT THEMSELVES.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A SMILE ON HER FACE MAKES MY DAY.

I MISS YOU MY SUPERHERO.

MEMORIES.